Music Performance Licensing

With PERFORMmusic you’re free
to follow your creativity and be
compliant. Legally play or
perform more than 20 million
songs anywhere in your FACILITIES

PERFORMmusic travels with you, including your satellite campuses and off-site events Read More

The PERFORMmusic License Helps
You Be Creative and Compliant

Wherever Your Music Leads You

When you have PERFORMmusic you’re free to follow your creativity and be compliant…
legally play or perform more than 20 million songs throughout your facilities and satellite campuses.

We know how confusing it can be to figure out how to legally use your favorite writer’s songs.
So we have partnered with ASCAP, BMI and SESAC to provide an EASY and affordable one-stop license for churches and ministries.


One Annual Fee
Save time and money! You pay just one fee based on the size of your congregation and all your events and programs are covered throughout the year.
Click here for pricing.


Comprehensive Coverage
Our one-stop license gives the freedom to play or perform more than 20 million songs. Whether Christian, secular or holiday music, you can relax and know you’re covered.
Learn More


No Reporting
No song reporting is required for the PERFORMmusic License.
Learn More


Support Songwriters
Your fees are paid to writers and publishers through ASCAP, BMI and SESAC, so you play an important role in supporting songwriters.
Learn More

Why a church performance license?

There is a religious service exemption in U.S. copyright law that allows churches to perform copyrighted music during religious services without paying royalties. The exemption does not cover any music played or performed outside of worship services. If your church is playing or performing copyrighted music outside of your religious services, you need a church performance license.

What can I do with PERFORMmusic?

The PERFORMmusic License covers a wide range of performances of live and pre-recorded music outside of religious services including:

  • Coffee shops
  • Bookstores
  • Concerts (non-ticketed)
  • Retreats
  • Picnics & barbecues
  • Singles groups
  • Dances
  • Carnivals & festivals
  • Graduations
  • Award ceremonies
  • Testimonials & retirements
  • Dance classes
  • Exercise classes
  • Karaoke
  • Conferences & seminars
  • Vacation Bible School
  • Camps
  • Sporting events
  • Movie nights
  • Pageants
  • Youth group gatherings
  • Guest speakers
  • Wedding receptions
  • On-hold music
  • Music before & after service
  • Community events
  • Retirement home visits
  • Day care

How much does PERFORMmusic cost?

The PERFORMmusic License fee is tiered by average weekly attendance across all of your church’s services.

Total Weekly AttendanceAnnual Fee


Click to BUY NOW!

What songs are covered by PERFORMmusic?

The PERFORMmusic church performance license allows you to play or perform over 20 million Christian and secular songs from the combined catalogs of ASCAP, BMI and SESAC. All genres are covered, from Contemporary Christian and Gospel to Rock, Country, Holiday, Patriotic, Pop, Children’s music and much more. To view the songs covered, simply visit each Performance Rights Organization’s Repertory page (links above) and search their catalogs.

What venues does PERFORMmusic cover?

The PERFORMmusic church performance license covers all facilities on your primary and satellite campuses. PERFORMmusic even travels with you to other venues. The PERFORMmusic License is not available to Colleges, Universities and Seminaries.

Do I have to report my song performances?

The PERFORMmusic License requires no reporting.

What about ticketed events?

Once you have the PERFORMmusic License, it’s simple to add-on & report ticketed (or admission fee required) concerts & events.

There are numerous variables in the agreements and royalty fees of all three Performance Rights Organizations (ASCAP, BMI and SESAC), which make it difficult to tell you precise fees for your events in advance. However, we do want to give you an estimate so that you will be able to budget for your events. Fees for the quarters you submit ticketed event activity will have a minimum $90.50, or an average of approximately 10% of gross ticket revenue.

What happens to the fees we pay?

Great art does not happen accidentally. When music and the arts flourish, there is a cultural economic terrain in which songwriters and artists thrive. The next time you buy a church music license, like CCS’s PERFORMmusic License or WORSHIPcast License, or pay an invoice for music rights, take another look at the transaction you’re making. It’s a tremendous opportunity to support songwriters, who in turn will bless your church with new worship songs that proclaim the Gospel, touching and transforming hearts. We pay fees directly to ASCAP, BMI and SESAC, and they then pay their affiliated writers and publishers. The Church plays a vital role in GIVING MUSIC LIFE.


Report card

What a Beautiful Name