Let's Worship. Everywhere.

Worship Leaders

Worship can happen anywhere, right? The Religious Service Exemption allows churches to perform or play music only in your regular worship services, but for all the special events and outreach where worship takes you, royalties need to be paid for music that is played or performed.

  • The PERFORMmusic Blanket License is the church performance license that allows you comprehensive coverage wherever you feel led: camps, dances, picnics, youth events, dance classes, coffee shops, concerts and much more (see below under What can I do with PERFORMmusic? for a more complete listing).

  • The WORSHIPcast Blanket License is the internet performance license that allows you to stream your services and other events online, so you can share your ministry with the world!

We’re here to help, so call us anytime at 1-855-5SOLVER, use the live chat feature at the bottom of this page or click “Sign Up Now” (to your upper right) to get coverage right away.

Why are performance licenses needed?

There is a religious service exemption in U.S. copyright law that allows churches to perform copyrighted music during religious services without paying royalties. The exemption does not cover any music played or performed outside of worship services, or music shared over the internet (even if it was performed during a service). If your church is playing or performing copyrighted music outside of your religious services, or if you stream online, you need a church performance license.

What can I do with PERFORMmusic?

The PERFORMmusic License covers a wide range of performances of live and pre-recorded music outside of religious services including: 
  • Coffee shops
  • Bookstores
  • Concerts (non-ticketed)
  • Retreats
  • Picnics & barbecues
  • Singles groups
  • Dances
  • Carnivals & festivals
  • Graduations
  • Award ceremonies
  • Testimonials & retirements
  • Dance classes
  • Exercise classes
  • Karaoke
  • Conferences & seminars
  • Vacation Bible School
  • Camps
  • Sporting events
  • Movie nights
  • Pageants
  • Youth group gatherings
  • Guest speakers
  • Wedding receptions
  • On-hold music
  • Music before & after service
  • Community events
  • Retirement home visits
  • Day care
What about ticketed events? Once you have the PERFORMmusic License, it’s simple to add on & report on ticketed concerts & events. You can even charge admission!

How much does PERFORMmusic cost?


The PERFORMmusic License fee is tiered by average weekly attendance across all of your church’s services.

PerformMusic Pricing

What venues does PERFORMmusic cover?

The PERFORMmusic church performance license covers all of your facilities, including your satellite campuses. PERFORMmusic even travels with you to other venues.

What songs are covered by PERFORMmusic and WORSHIPcast?

The PERFORMmusic License and the WORSHIPcast License both cover over 19 million Christian and secular songs from ASCAP, BMI and SESAC. All genres are covered, from Contemporary Christian and Gospel to Rock, Country, Children’s music and much more.

What can I do with WORSHIPcast?

The WORSHIPcast license allows you to webcast your performances of copyrighted music. These webcasts can be live or on-demand. Webcasting is not limited to worship services and also covers concerts and studio recordings of your worship team. The WORSHIPcast does not cover downloading of music. Webcasting of master recordings or accompaniment tracks requires additional licensing. This license is for performances only, and does not cover duplication of copyrighted materials. Additional licenses may be required in accordance with applicable law.

How much does WORSHIPcast cost?

The WORSHIPcast church streaming license is priced by your church’s total weekly attendance across all of your services.

WorshipCast Pricing

Do I have to report my song performances?

The PERFORMmusic License requires no reporting. The WORSHIPcast License requires simple monthly reporting.

It's fast & easy to make sure all your ticketed events are legal!

Once you have the PERFORMmusic License, it's simple to add on & report on ticketed concerts & events. You can even charge admission!
  • CCS has a heart for the Church. They are committed to helping churches be copyright compliant. The PERFORMmusic License is a great solution for all kinds of activities outside our religious services.

    Rick Muchow, Worship Pastor
    Saddleback Church

Christian Copyright Solutions
P.O. Box 1252
Fairhope, Alabama 36533

Phone: 855-5SOLVER (576-5837)
Fax: 866-857-5332