A vital part of CCS’s mission is to create digital bridges between song owners and users of their music. Reaching our goal requires a lot of cooperation and coordination with music businesses and agencies, like the U.S. performance rights organizations (PROs). We are especially honored this month to celebrate our 10-year partnership with the three PROs…ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC.
Milestones in Celebrating 10-year Partnership with PROs
- In October 2006 CCS launched WORSHIPcast streaming license, the first one-stop performance ONLINE license for churches and ministries.
- The PROs were willing to work with CCS to reach an untapped, unproven market – with churches and ministries.
- CCS focused on reaching out and educating churches and ministries about performance rights and we’ve been very successful.
- In October 2008, we launched the PERFORMmusic license for church facilities to legally cover playing and performing music anywhere ONSITE, the only one-stop license for religious organizations.
- In October 2013 we launched WORSHIPcast 2.0 to lower fees for smaller churches.
- ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC worked with us to lower WORSHIPcast congregation tier rates for so we could reach smaller churches with the lowest rates PROs could offer. We have had strong revenue growth since the new rates were introduced.
- Both WORSHIPcast and PERFORMmusic currently cover more than 20 million songs, representing all genres of music.
It is through these relationships that CCS identifies the copyright needs of the Christian community and works to create simple licensing solutions with music owners and agencies. This helps churches “do music right” to ensure that songwriters are blessed through their commitment to copyright compliance. Prior to the one-stop WORSHIPcast and PERFORMmusic blanket licenses, religious organizations had to go directly to all three PROs to obtain individual licenses, submit reports, and pay fees. The partnership with ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC has greatly simplified the process and reduced the cost for churches.
CCS’s Founder and CVO, Susan Fontaine Godwin is an educator and long-time member of the Christian arts community with 30 years of experience in the Christian media industry, church copyright administration, and copyright management. Susan is an author and speaker and frequently writes for several Christian magazines and online publications. She serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Mobile.
About Christian Copyright Solutions: CCS’s quest is to help churches and Christian ministries “do music right.” CCS is an expert on church music copyrights and our primary focus is providing licensing and clear educational resources to churches, as well as representation, administration, and advocacy for copyright owners. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel.